Anne Longtin, Bsc IN
I support, educate and coach people who are affected by mental illness, addictions, financial distress, and parenting issues and are here to serve those who struggle with these problems.
I am a person who is passionate about helping people, just like you, who are looking for support and information about mental wellness and spiritual growth. I have been working and training in this field for many years, and as I age I am even more convinced that it is an important area of life that affects everyone.
I am married and have a blind Daschund name Duke, whose love of life and unstoppable energy is teaching me new things every day. Please contact me if you have any questions about my programs.
I am passionate about helping people who are struggling with anxiety, depression, addictions, abuse, and relationship issues. We all face these in some form or another at some point whether it be in ourselves, or in the life of someone we love.
My 20 plus years of experience in nursing, mental health, crisis counseling, family support, and education, have shown me that God has answers in His Word for every situation we face. Secular counseling can provide coping tools at times, but only God has the solutions.
Contact me today to book a free 30-minute support call.
Helping with Life’s Issues
Every family experiences times of crisis and Christian individuals and families are no exception. I founded Relative Matters to serve individuals and families who are hurting or struggling with life’s issues.
Relative Matters Statement of Faith
- Relative Matters is a business founded on Biblical principles and guidelines.
- All programing and counseling are based on a Christian worldview, using up-to-date information regarding current issues of families and individuals.
- We believe that God’s Word, the Bible, is relevant in today’s world and our programs are designed to include Scripture on the topics discussed and taught.
Individuals and Families
We all face times of crisis in some form or another in our lifetime. Whether it be in ourselves, or in the life of someone we love, there will be a time to reach out for help in dealing with issues. My goal is to provide the support you or your family needs.
- Supportive and Biblical Counselling
- Education and coaching
- Coaching and ongoing support by someone who understands and will listen
- Referrals for community services
- Spiritual support and prayer
I offer one-on-one coaching to assist individuals and family members going through stressful situations. My objective is to help in dealing with the crisis and then planning for going forward. To understand and serve you best, I will do the following:
- Perform an intake interview will be able to help determine the best plan.
- Create a customized plan is needed for each family to respect the individuality of the members
- Referrals may be needed to ensure that the proper services are in place. Examples: Psychiatric assessments, legal counseling, addictions counseling, victim services, financial counseling, housing supports.
- Your health and safety are my priority!
Education, Certifications and Experience
My 20 plus years of experience in nursing, mental health, crisis counseling, family support, and education, have shown me that I am not the only one needing support at times. I have been trained and certified to deliver many programs that are helpful to families and individuals who have been affected by life’s problems. Some of them include Mental Health First Aid, Living Life to the Full, Anger Solutions, and Getting Past Your Past. I also am a certified facilitator of John Maxwell programs, including the Family program. I have a degree in psychology and crisis counseling and am a registered relationship coach offering the SYMBIS program.
All of these programs have lots of practical tips and information to help with life’s issues, but they do not get to the heart of the matter. The only teaching and counseling that gets to the root of the problems are Biblical. God has given us His Word to guide us and tell us how much He loves us and that he has a plan for each person who comes to Him. The Bible is the first place we will consult for any issues we discuss. Let me show you the answers found in God’s Word, as we work through your problems and concerns and offer practical solutions based on His teaching.